Saturday, January 16, 2010

Warner Nash, MD

I have never met Dr. Warner but after reading his obituary in today's New York Times, I know that I would have a lot in common with him. I would like to quote directly from his obituary:
He graduated with an MD in 1953 from Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons. It was there that he discovered the work he loved and met the person with whom he would share a life of immeasurable joy, Artemis Damaskinidou, his medical school classmate. Warner approached his work as an OBGYN at Lenox Hill and Doctors Hospitals with Passion. He adored delivering babies as a solo practitioner for over 40 years. He always wore a warm smile and had a constant sparkle in his blue eyes.

Is this the physician that YOU should have selected as your doctor? You bet. When will folks understand that there are doctors and then there are doctors? You need to find people to take care of you and your family that LOVE what they do...Sorry folks the majority of professionals would rather be doing something else... And that is the sad reality.. They take care of you because that is how they earn their living. If you ask them if they love to go to work, they will laugh at you and shake their heads.

I hope that when I pass on that my obiturary will look just like the one Warner Nash, MD had written for him....That would make me very proud.