Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Dentist's Patients

I am honored to have all of you as my patients. You chose ME to be your dentist and you know how I feel about our relationship. The doctor/patient relationship to me is sacred. You trust me and I am personally, ethically and professionally bound to take care of you.

I have many dentists in my practice and perhaps I take care of more dentists than any other general dentist in the area. In fact, my first two patients yesterday morning were dentists. There are a few dentists throughout our nation that have a large number of dentists as their patients. In fact, my West Coast mentor, Dr. Frank Spear once said in his lecture, "75% of my new patients are either dentists or dentist's families."

Dentists know dentistry. More importantly, they know where they want to go to have their own dental treatment. There is no greater honor than the respect of your colleagues who never have to ask themselves, "How am I going to find a good dentist?" lololol

Perhaps your dentist should be the dentist's dentist.