Sunday, January 17, 2010

Platinum vs Gold

We had a two new patients,husband and wife, in our Saratoga office last week. I had treated the man a few years ago in my Troy office when I was taking emergency call for an area dentist. It could not have been a major problem because I don't even recall what problem I had solved for the man (although I could go look at my records.) The husband was chatting with Tricia before I entered the treatment room and he told her that he had been going to the same dentist for many years but that when Dr. Benjamin treated him on an emergency basis, he knew that there was a difference in a platinum dentist and a gold dentist and that when Dr. Benjamin moved closer to his home, he knew that he wanted to become his patient.

I am thrilled that I made such a good impression on my patient when he had that dental emergency. It is my job to take care of my patients in the best way possible to make them happy. I don't know any other way to treat my patients. And by the way, I never charge to see another dentist's patient on an emergency basis when I am taking call for him or her....Even on a weekend.