Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Standing Room Only

Last September, I gave a lecture to 20 local dentists about predictable excellence in Esthetic Dentistry in the Root Canal Experts Learning Center in Saratoga. Approximately 100 invitations were mailed out and the first 20 dentists who accepted the invitation were able to attend the course. The course directors were so overwhelmed by the response that they asked me to give the course again for a handful of young dentists who regretted that they were going to be out of town on the lecture date. This time invitations were sent out and within a day or two, the course completely filled up and there was again disappointment. We now have a second group of 20 dentists including 4 dentists who want to hear the lecture again. Sometimes dentists even call the Learning Center and ask to be included because they know that the learning experience is wonderful. I do not receive any compensation for giving this lecture...I do this because it is a professional obligation to help other dentists achieve their own next level of excellence. As a result of my last lecture in Saratoga, I have met some additional young dentists who ask to sit down with me to discuss their challenging cases. I am honored to have reached the point in my 34 year career where my young colleagues recognize my level of expertise and seek me out to help them.